2017 STIHL MS 171
A lightweight, fuel-efficient chainsaw with reduced-emission engine technology.
The STIHL MS 171 is part of a new generation of lightweight STIHL chainsaws with reduced emission technology – a significant benefit for users because it saves fuel even as it cuts exhaust emissions. The MS 171 also has the STIHL pre-separation air filter, which can extend filter life up to five times over previous models.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work
- Displacement: 31.8 cc (1.94 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.3 kW (1.7 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.3 kg (9.5 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 280 cc (9.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 180 cc (6.1 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 3/8 in. PMM3
- Guide Bar Lengths* (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12 in. to 16 in.) STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.94 cu. in. (31.8 cc)
- Horse Power
- 1.7 bhp (1.3 kW)
- 9.5 lb. (4.3 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)