2013 STIHL MS 250
A chain saw designed for firewood cutting – with a great power-to-weight ratio.
For people held hostage by high heating bills, firewood can mean freedom. With an exceptional power-to-weight ratio, the STIHL MS 250 is ideal for building the ultimate woodpile – so you get great bang for the buck.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Purge Pump Primer: The purge pump primer feature enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, enabling easier starting. The purge pump primer is designed in a way that the operator cannot flood the machine by priming the carburetor too many times. Flooding the engine is still possible if the choke is not removed after the engine turns over.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Displacement: 45.4 cc (2.77 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.6 kg (10.1 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 40 to 45 cm (16 in. to 18 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 470 cc (15.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 200 cc (6.8 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: .325 in. RM3
- 45.4 cc (2.77 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 3.0 bhp (2.2 kW)
- Powerhead: 10.1 lb. (4.6 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 18 in. (40 to 45 cm)