2010 STIHL MS 290 FARM BOSS® Chain Saw
Our number one selling chain saw, enough said. Designed for rugged homeowner or landscape and farm use, the legendary STIHL FARM BOSS® is a true work saw. With plenty of power to spare, you can let the MS 290 do the cutting for you— from limbing, to felling and bucking larger trees into firewood.
- Displacement: 56.5 cc (3.45 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 3.8 bhp (2.8 kW)
- Weight: 13.0 lbs. (5.9 kg)
- Fuel Capacity: 18.9 oz. (560 cc)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 11.2 oz. (330 cc)
- Oilomatic® Chain: .325 in. RMC3
- Recommended Range Of Guide Bar Lengths: 16 in. to 20 in. (40 to 50 cm) STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor
- Adjustable automatic bar and chain oiler
- Carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation
- Side-access chain tensioner
- Forged connecting rod with caged needle bearings (like professional saws)
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment Screws let you adjust the carburetor for local cutting conditions and altitude.
- Decompression Valve makes starting easier.
- Easy2Start™ System (E) reduces resistance – eliminating the need for a strong, fast pull of the starting cord. Available on some models.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- A Second Braking System (Q) reduces the risk of injury in some circumstances if so equipped.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it. Standard on some models.
- Replaceable “In Tank” Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Inboard Chain Brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B) is a toolless chain adjuster (not on all models).
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- 56.5 cc (3.45 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 3.8 bhp (2.8 kW)
- 13.0 lbs. (5.9 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 20 in. (40 cm to 50 cm) STIHL ROLLOMATIC®